Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Phone Life Coaching: Is it Effective?" 3 Reasons Why

For the past 17 years I have been asked the same question so many times, "Is Life Coaching over the phone an effective way to become more successful in life?", that I decided to offer an entire blog to the answer.

In the shortest answer possible, yes, yes, yes,....if the coach is skilled in this technique.

Telephone coaching offers a variety of benefits, with the exact same results as coaching in person. When I began my career as a coach in 1992, my first 2 clients that I worked with were in person. After that, about 80% of my clients for 12 years, were all coached over the phone.

From dealing with divorce, spiritual questions, addiction/alcohol recovery, to finding the perfect life partner, the issues are all the same whether we work with someone in person or over the phone. If the coach is an effective listener, and has the talent to ask the right questions, he or she can help their clients to create the life they desire regardless of where they are.

I've been blessed to work with people who live in Los Angeles, New York City, Seattle, actually everywhere you can imagine in the USA, as well as Ireland, the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and even Australia! My client in Australia as a matter of fact would set her alarm for 2am her time, get up, do our one hour session, then go back to bed. Amazing determination.

So here are a few of the top benefits for doing phone coaching as a client:

1) You can work with a powerful coach that you connect with, regardless of where they live.

2) Initially, you may feel more free to open up with your true vulnerabilities, as it feels safer for some to do this over the phone, vs sitting in front of your coach.

3) You can save time driving to someones office, and do your sessions from the comfort of your home or office.

While there are many more benefits than I have listed here, I want you to feel secure in the fact that with the right coach, you can achieve the same success over the phone as you can sitting in a professionals office.

Over the years, I have experienced so many exciting success stories through my long distance clients . One woman found the love partner she had always wanted just after our eight week session ended. Another, doubled her income with a brand new career, the last week of our coaching session. One man who had struggled with alcohol for years, found sobriety via our phone coaching, and yet another long distance client worked his way through the death of a very close family member.

While I'm not a big fan of email coaching long distance, I am a huge proponent of phone coaching for success from any distance around the world. Phone life coaching is an amazingly effective way to achieve the goals you've always wanted to.

Slow down.

Love, peace, David Essel http://www.davidessel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment